Test Development Professional
Virtual Office, U.S.
Manager, Test Development
The Full-time Test Development Professional is responsible for facilitating test development, validation, and related functions (e.g., item review, editing, quality control) for constructed and/or selected response test development activities. The successful applicant will also contribute to methodology; process design and improvement; and other internal initiatives as needed. This role requires up to 50% travel, including some weekends.
- Facilitate in-person and virtual job/practice analysis workshops
- Facilitate in-person and virtual item writing, content validation, alignment and bias review workshops
- Facilitate in-person and virtual standard setting workshops
- Facilitate other testing-related meetings and workshops, as needed
- Provide item writing feedback (e.g., author mentoring, pre-editing, quality control)
- Provide operational support to the Director, Psychometric Lead, Program Managers, and other team members, as needed.
- Contribute to methodology, process, materials development, and evaluation
- Contribute to internal process improvement initiatives
- Contribute to other internal initiatives, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent presentation, training, and facilitation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn and use domain-specific subject matter and vocabulary
- Ability to manage change, adapt quickly, and resolve problems
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual office environment (e.g., discipline, time management, remote office technologies)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Working knowledge and experience with virtual meeting software (e.g., Live Meeting, WebEx, GoTo Meeting, Adobe Connect)
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of experience working with diverse stakeholder groups
- Up to 50% travel
- Masters or higher degree
- Familiarity with test development concepts
- Experience working in a virtual or remote office environment
- Experience facilitating workshops in unfamiliar discipline
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Alpine Testing Solutions
Be the psychometric, test development and validation, and credential management partner of choice for sustainable credentialing and education programs.
Provide quality, practical solutions that enable test sponsors to develop, maintain, and continuously improve testing programs; contribute to the science and practice of testing; and enrich the world in which we live.
We are employee owned and encourage ownership thinking. We are committed to the success of our clients. We are customer service driven, entrepreneurial, team oriented, and supportive.
We are equally committed to quality of life. We offer opportunities for rewarding and challenging work; a virtual office environment; competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a commitment to a diverse workforce.